It’s not only the people and the pups who like homemade Christmas treats. Guinea pigs and bunnies love them too. And my crew loved these Timothy pellet/carrot treats I made for them
Jar of carrot baby food (I used organic Earth’s Best baby food.)
1. Mix the baby food into the bowl of pellets followed by the grated carrots.
2. Add enough water to just cover the pellets. Let sit until the water is absorbed.
3. Once the water is absorbed, mix it all together so the pellets break down.
4. Prepared a cookie sheet by covering it with parchment paper.
5. You can make the treats in 2 forms.
- For the first drop the mix using a teaspoon onto the tray and smash it down with the bottom of a glass.
- For the second spread the mix onto the cookie sheet and score with a knife (this was a much faster method)
6. Place the tray into the oven and baked for about 2 hours at 250 degrees.
7. Once dry remove from the oven and remove treats from the tray(break up the treats for the the mix that was spread on the tray).
A quick taste test done by the guinea pigs and Ms. Glee the bunny got a paws up from all.
The Advent Calendar For Dog Lovers Day 9
Welcome to Day 9 of the #Advent4Dogs Giveaway hosted by Kol’s Notes, Dogthusiast, Heart Like a Dog, NEPA Pets & Wag’n’Woof Pets. Today’s give away is sponsored by Cloudstar. Enter now for your chance to win a Treat prize Pack.